Saturday, June 1, 2013

Goodbye, Tim!

Today we took my brother Tim to the airport so that he could fly back to Charlotte, NC to begin accounting grad school.  Tim has been working at Rehoboth for a year doing a volunteer internship in our business office.  In the meantime, we got to spend lots of good times with him, including an Albuquerque Isotopes baseball game, a trip to Durango, numerous game nights and hikes, not to mention many fun dinners together.






It was such a blessing to have a family member here this year; it definitely made New Mexico feel more like home for us!  It was also really cool for me to see my "little" brother so grown up, making his way in a new place and excelling in his work!  He was a huge help to our school; I'm not sure how we will get by next year without him...


Yesterday, to help send Tim off in style, we hosted an open house for people to come and say goodbye to him.  I was thankful for all of the people who were able to come and I think Tim had a good time!  I gave him a book with pictures from his year here and signatures from many of the people whose lives he touched.





Tim, next year will not be the same without you here.  We miss you so much already!  But I know that God has big plans for your life and I pray that the next step on your journey is fun and fulfilling!



No comments:

Post a Comment