Sunday, June 16, 2013

Kenwood Beach!

Jonathan and I have now been in Maryland for a week, enjoying time with my parents at the farm and my grandparents' place on the Chesapeake Bay.  We just got back from Kenwood Beach, one of my favorite places in the world!




When we go to Kenwood, swimming is not the highlight.  Instead, the biggest attraction is walking the shoreline to find fossilized sharks' teeth that have been eroded out of the cliffs along this part of the Bay.


We had some great tooth-hunting conditions this week, which resulted in a grand total of 448 teeth, some of which were quite large!



Why is this mindless, backbreaking activity so addicting?  It's hard to say...but there is something special about wandering down the shore letting your thoughts roam freely to the rhythm of the waves.  And, of course, there is always that hope of finding "the big one" to spur you on!


I inherited my love of Kenwood Beach and shark tooth hunting from my Dad, who has indeed handed down many wonderful things to me and the rest of my family.  So it is appropriate to end this post with a big "Happy Father's Day" wish to the best Dad a girl could have!


No comments:

Post a Comment