Sunday, August 18, 2013

The School Year Begins!

These past few weeks have been full of transitions, from France to Maryland and back to New Mexico for the new school year.  This blog post will just be an overview of all that's happened since I last wrote!

We enjoyed a few days in Maryland with my parents and my good friend Genavee who came up from NC to visit.  We played a lot of games and had lots of good conversation time, too!  My Nana and Pop-Pop also joined us for dinner one night.

Walking in downtown Frederick

Chocolate Lava Cakes!!

Dinner with Nana and Pop-Pop

Back in NM, we were happy to settle back in at home, unpack suitcases, and take a little break from vacation...  :)  We were surprised to find the desert looking so green during a particularly rainy season.  The benefits: a few beautiful rainbows and lots of wildflowers for our kitchen table!


And before we knew it, school was starting again with all the excitement and nerves that come with it.  For the first year, though, I felt more excitement than nerves, so I am thankful for a positive start!  I love my new students and was happy to see my 7th graders back for 8th grade, too.

You're never too old for a "first day of school" photo!

We worked all afternoon at school yesterday, so today we took a break and went with our church small group to McHood Park near Winslow, AZ.  There is a beautiful river that runs through there, with cliffs that you can jump off into the water.  It was a very fun afternoon!

Some people jumped from the top!  I just did the Batman cliff



Tomorrow we begin our first full week of the school year, so I'd better get to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment